Fuel Tool Customer Terms and Conditions
Terms and Relationship with Suppliers and Fuel Tool
A customer of Fuel Tool is the person who orders heating oil through the Fuel Tool website.
Fuel Tool purchases are free for customers to use as Fuel Tool does not charge any fees whatsoever to the customer to purchase heating oil from our suppliers.
Individuals become members of Fuel Tool by placing an order for heating oil. A customer's contact details will remain secure and not be redistributed anywhere beyond the registration and purchase. Customers may receive email notifications regarding their current or previous purchases, should our support team require it. In no way will the customers' email or personal details be distributed to any third party.
Once an order has been placed, Fuel Tool will pass the order details onto the cheapest supplier, which will then complete the purchase and deliver the heating oil to the customer. Fuel Tool does not process payment.The processing of payment details is done by each supplier individually through their secure SSL-encrypted control panel.
Registration details, price and order details, as well as final payment confirmation will all be relayed to the customer by way of email notification at specific points during the ordering process.
Fuel Tool and/or the supplier holds the right to cancel an order if payment can't be processed.
The contract for the supply of heating oil or red diesel is made between you, the customer, and with the relevant supplier and not with Fuel Tool. Fuel Tool does not accept responsibility for the acts or omissions of suppliers or for the goods supplied (or any services provided) by them. Our role is limited to the operation of this website and acting as the agent of the suppliers in the administration of quotations, customer orders and customer payments as well as issuing order confirmations on their behalf. Fuel Tool will not be held responsible for late deliveries.
Cancellation of Orders
- An order may be cancelled by a customer up to one full working day before the delivery date. In these cases, the customer will receive a full refund. After this time, Fuel Tool suppliers cannot guarantee the cancellation of an order or a full refund.
- All order cancellations must go directly through the chosen oil supplier and not Fuel Tool. This is due to the fact that the contract of sale and payment is through the oil supplier and not Fuel Tool. Fuel Tool will not be held responsible for cancellations in any way. If you would like to cancel your order, please use the contact details for your supplier found in the original order confirmation email or from the order details accessible from your Fuel Tool customer control panel.
- If a supplier takes reasonable steps to deliver an order, but delivery cannot be made due to access issues, tank safety, location problems or any other reason outside of the supplier's responsibility, they may choose to cancel the order. A refund will be provided, however a delivery fee may be levied if it is deemed to be the customer's fault that the oil cannot be delivered.
- Fuel Tool reserves the right to cancel any order at any time without prior notice. In this case a full refund will be provided; unless there are issues relating to outstanding debts on the account.
- Once an order has been delivered, it is not possible for the oil to be returned and no refund is available.
Ordering During Busy or Extreme Weather Periods
During holiday periods or during severe weather conditions where there could be supply and demand issues, it is recommended that customers do not buy oil from Fuel Tool, if their tank is almost empty.
Because these abnormal periods sometimes cause suppliers to experience isssues with deliveries, tanker supply or delivery limitations which may delay an order, by ordering, you are accepting the potential risk of a delay, where you may run out of oil in the meantime. Ordering well in advance of holidays or other severe climate periods is strongly advised always.
The chosen supplier may contact the customer to arrange delivery or arrange alternate details regarding an order. Estimated length of delivery is provided with your quote. This however is subject to change in extreme weather conditions or periods of high demand. All orders are delivered in working days. To clarify, Fuel Tool suppliers operate on a working day basis. Any orders placed after 2:00pm, on a Saturday/Sunday or on a bank holiday will be processed the following working day at 9:00am. The delivery will then be calculated from that point onwards.
Should a customer wish to review a specific supplier's terms and conditions prior to purchasing any oil from the Fuel Tool website, you may do so by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then forward the chosen supplier's terms and conditions of sale onto the customer.
Fuel Tool is an independent price comparison website that in no way associated with the oil prices or the customer service level that our suppliers provide. If you have a grievance in any way, we would appreciate being notified as we will take it up with your chosen supplier. We wish to provide the best possible service to our customers.